CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Things I've learned....


As I went thru every picture ever taken of Travis this weekend, I began to reflect on how different our life is now that he is a part of our family. I have learned and realized things about myself and Carson that 11 years together didn't reveal, so I compiled a list. Now I would like to share that list with you all, I look forward to the next 6 months and all that parenthood will teach me.



Things I’ve learned since becoming a mom…
....it is possible to function on less than 2 hours of sleep
....I can’t control everything- so I no longer try
....you don’t have to leave home for entertainment when you have a baby in the house
....I am MUCH more patient than I ever thought possible
....the heartbreak that comes with seeing your baby in pain
....how to appreciate the little things in life… like a shower
....that motherhood really does change who you are and how you see the world
....it is possible to be pooped on, puked on, peed on and love every minute of it
....a smile or laugh from my son can fix anything… and you will do anything to get a smile or laugh (I’ve never been such a goof!)
....that my husband is a saint! It has been one of the greatest joys to watch him fall in love with our little boy
....I can be sappy, over-emotional, and cry – that’s new for me!
....babies are expensive… and worth every penny
....to slow down and notice small things like the way the wind, sun and
raindrops feel on your face
....appreciate every day, kids grow SO fast and you can’t get the time back
....that I can feel such intense love that my heart might explode
....to laugh at myself
....I’m lucky to have a perfect little boy who makes parenting easy
....Mommy is the best job title in the world!

My sweet Travis on his 6 month birthday.




2 comments:

Dustin and Jessica Schollian said...

That is SO sweet and so true!!

Sondra and Shaan said...

So very true! Don't think you could have summed it up any better.