CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 14, 2010

My Pineapple


Three years ago Carson's grandad, Charles, gave me a pineapple plant. It is just the top of a pineapple that he planted and it grows into this big plant. He had several of these plants and had just gotten his first fruit- he was so excited! So the day we moved into our current house, he brought me a big pot with a pretty small pineapple plant in it.
Fast forward to April 2010----- and I got my first fruit! I see why he was so excited. A very small but long awaited pineapple is thrilling. The plant has more that tripled in size, and is kind of a pain to re pot and keep during winter but there is no way that I can get rid of it! I think of Grandaddy Clem every time I see it and wish he were here to see my first fruit.

0 comments: